The holder of this position is responsible for effective provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and the related infrastructure in Tanga UWASA. The Assistant Information Technology Officer oversees and ensures the security of all mission critical systems. She/he is responsible for the ICT systems security and ensures the systems and the related procedures adhere to organizational guidelines.
Reports to the Information Technology Officer -Systems Administration
Supervises the Information Technology Technician
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Configures, implement and maintain WAN and LAN infrastructure to ensure network connectivity throughout the network infrastructure;
2. Configures and maintains switches, routers network security, firewalls, VPN and VOIP;
3. Conducts repair and routine preventive maintenance of the ICT infrastructure.
4. Monitors network traffic and VPN connections;
5. Conducts vulnerability assessment of networks; analyze firewall logs and router log files;
6. Conducts regular Information Security risk assessment and timely advise the supervisor accordingly.
7. Provides appropriate infrastructure technology solution to support the Authority’s operations;
8. Assists IT system users in adopting IT changes at workplace and attend system troubleshooting.
9. Ensures that the IT network infrastructure diagrams and the related documents are timely updated and properly maintained;
10. Assists IT Officer Systems Administration on preparing specifications for hardware to be procured by the Authority;
11. Maintains systems efficiency and monitors networks to ensure security and availability to specific users;
12. Manages Users and User Accounts access Control;
13. Ensures security of data, network access and the backup systems
14. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Information Technology Officer Systems Administration from time to time
The holder of this position must have the following: ·
1. Degree in computer science/ Computer Engineering/Information Technology/ Software Engineering/ Management Information Systems or equivalent qualifications
2. A minimum of one year experience on a similar Position.
3. Possession of a relevant recognized ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
Anybody who possesses the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, send a hand-written application letter attached with updated Curriculum Vitae showing your contact details, address, enclosing two letters from referees with their full contacts; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Women are highly encouraged to apply for these posts.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letters should reach the undersigned on or before 15th March, 2018 and addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Tanga Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 5011, TANGA.
Post your Comment